Early Childhood Education Center
The Early Childhood Center serves the parish and neighboring communities in faith-based programs designed to nurture and educate children in an enriched environment.
Volunteer opportunities exist to:
- Assist with clerical duties (assemble packets, filing, copying, mailings)
- Be an extra set of hands in active classroom environments*
- Assist in our library with organization and material loan
- Assist with preparation of materials and classroom tasks not involving children (cutting, making play dough, preparing cleaning supplies, etc.)
- Assist with center events
*Please note that volunteers may not be with children unsupervised and do not count in staff/child ratios.
Per NYS OCFS childcare regulations, volunteers must be fingerprinted, background checked, provide references, complete required paperwork, and complete 15 hours of professional development annually.
Per RCDA, volunteers must complete Virtus Training, sign a standard code of conduct, sign permission for a second background check to be completed in order to work with children in our care.
For more information contact Stacie Boelkins, Director (518) 456-5400.